Saturday, July 12, 2014

From Yesterday...

A report from Friday - A beautiful day and a beautiful city! I feel so blessed to be here taking part in this work, meeting many new and wonderful people and being with my fellow New Lifers. I have been assigned to teach a group of 10 year olds with a lady on the team from Richmond. The team here has put together a very well organized lesson plan that we spent time getting familiar with, so we can hit the ground running on  Monday morning. Carolyn will have the opportunity to work with two special needs kids who also came for last week's camp. Elias and Anya are also working with the younger kids, doing crafts and sports, as is Rick. 

Tonight, we had an opportunity to go see a Flamenco show. Imagine yourself in what you might call a cave, a long and narrow room, with a Flamenco guitarist, a singer and a number of Flamenco dancers, with almost the entire 32 person team taking up most of the available seating. Then the music starts, with basically all of the percussion provided by the heels of the dancer and the clapping of the singer and the other dancers. Words, of course, could never do it justice. Apparently I was not supposed to take a video, but I am glad I did! Ask me for it when I get home. 

Thanks for your prayers, please continue! More to follow. Blessings! 

Steve

1 comment: